Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Reaching Kashmir...

Kashmir has always been a dream destination for many of our generation. The fact that some of our elder siblings and friends have enjoyed their holidays trips in some of the most pristine slopes of the world has been an itching point of many a conversation. Regardless of how well you may have travelled you just loose the contest when your friend claims to have been in the shikaras on Dal Lake or skied at Gulmarg or similar. Unfortunately things in this part of our country have not been that conducive to us travelers either. The tales of unrest and violence have etched an everlasting feeling of fear leading to a practice of seemingly overzealous caution, if not by oneself then by some member of the family. End result always being in the  trips to J&K being perpetually postponed.

But no more. I have finally reached Srinagar and as I explore this part of my country I just realized that as I reach the next one of these peaks I have also finally conquered that fear I harbored somewhere within myself about visiting here. Now it's your turn.

No comments: