Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cleartrip.com sucks impresses

Original post below**

First check out the comments section of this post. It seems that Hrush Bhatt has been enjoying his weekend by surfing the internet and checking what people think about his company cleartrip.com. Luckily for me he ran into my crib-post and well he says he has got my refund credited back to my account. Now I haven't checked all that yet but hell I am impressed... very impressed. Regardless of whether the refund is processed in a day or a week, I hope it is done in a day though:), impressive is the fact that someone actually wants to see what people think about their work. I am really impressed by the fact that some entrepreneurs out there actually care about their customer's and want to cash in on repeat business by providing decent levels of customer service.

We Indians are accustomed to an apathetic attitude from dealers/resellers.. heck anyone who sells us anything is sweet and polite and flashes the "customer is king" placard on their walls, but once the sale is done they don't even bother checking up on their customers. No one seems to bother and see how many repeat footfalls they manage, because hell as we have it there are around 1-billion of us and if a customer doesn't return someone else definitely will. Someone else who will probably keep his/her mouth shut and accept a shoddy meal (Tamarind @ Koramangala, Bangalore, Something Fishy @ Langford Road, Bangalore) or someone who won't care that they don't provide a customer care number at all (indiatimes.com, though they have added toll free numbers recently) or someone who quietly pays up for services that are not being rendered (Cable Operators).

Ideally the goal of businesses should be to respect their customers and provide high enough quality of service, high enough to turn their "customer service" centers into "customer care" centers, only to check up on their customers and wish them well.

So much needs to change and there is so little time. So here's wishing the new breed of Indian entrepreneurs the very best and hoping they have read some of the books Hrush Bhatt and his colleagues have. Now only if the Jet Airways staff were reading my blog! Right Hrush?


ps.
Since I have listed part of my black list, here are some on my favored list
1. Kingfisher Airlines
2. Legends of Rock @ Koramanagala, Bangalore
3. Bejing Bites @ Richmond Road, Bangalore
4. Citibank
4. ICICI Bank
5. Syndicate Bank
and some more....


** Original Post
Booking a ticket online... stay away from cleartrip.com. I mistakenly booked a ticket via their portal last month (just when it was launched) and had to cancel the ticket and then the mess began and hasn't ended yet.

After I hit the cancel button I get an email that states that I need to take the paper ticket to the particular airline counter (in this case Jet Airways) and get it cancelled myself and then submit the canceled stub back to cleartrip via and email. What a ludicrous thing to do or even propose, and worse still this was an e-ticket, there NO paper ticket issued here. After howling at them a bit I manage to get their attention and they say that the refund will be duly credited back to my credit card within 15 days. Today its over 30 days and I still haven't received the refund so I call customer care (what an antithesis) to be told by a kid named Renuka that Jet Airways hasn't processed my refund yet and hence the delay. What the heck! I made a payment to cleartrip.com and I should receive a refund by them itself what do I care about what they need to do behind the scenes. Shoddy site, shoddy service.

So if you are booking your tickets online stay away from the cleartrip.com website, without hesitation.

Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Allen,

I'm one of the founders of Cleartrip and am terribly sorry for your experience.

I will be checking on the status of your refund immediately, my apologies that I saw your post only today.

The unfortunate truth is that ticket cancellation and refund procedures are set by the airlines, not by us. That, however, is not an excuse for your experience.

I will follow up immediately and keep you posted.

thanks
Hrush

Unknown said...

Allen,

We've processed your refund today. Please check your account by tomorrow and let us know if everything is in order.

And fyi, Cleartrip still hasn't received a refund from the airline for your ticket. We've processed your refund out of pocket.

The main reason for delays in refund processing is airline procedures, not Cleartrip policies.

cheers
Hrush

Unknown said...

Thanks Hrush, am impressed and appreciative of the action taken. Please read my updated post.