Monday, June 05, 2006

Quitting Sun Microsystems

Edit: I keep getting google hits from people searching for some info on Guavus. Well I do work at Guavus Networks, out in Gurgaon. Drop me a line at allen.mathias@gmail.com if you would like to know anything specific other than NDA stuff ofcourse:)


Personal Note:

This weekend I decided to make my move. I put in my resignation at Sun in Bangalore while accepting an offer from a startup in Gurgaon. It has been a wonderful 2 years at Sun. I worked with a dedicated team having a wonderful set of individuals at the Diagnostics Group in Systems, developing SunVTS. The learning curve for any techie at Sun is very sharp, if you want it to be and, as long as you want to exploit the vast pool of senior and talented engineers here, who are always ready to reply to your emails or talk to you on the phone. I was especially thrilled to be a part of Sun's SEED program and I wish I could have stayed on longer to learn more from my mentor Greg and possibly try to get some more email interaction with Eric.

All in all its been a wonderful and vastly learning experience at Sun. I truely believe that Sun is getting back on its feet again and I wish I could be a part of that as it happens. My only regret here has been something personal as you might have seen in some previous posts but well balls wasn't something Sun promised I would gain while I worked here :)

So its time to move on and get some more people hooked onto the Solaris bug. Cheers.


3 comments:

arca1n said...

can you give me an insight in to the company guavus?

Unknown said...

All that I can say is available at http://www.guavus.com

arca1n said...

well nothing is available at guavus' site. Anyways ... i will be joining you soon at guavus.