Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Online Shopping is Improving

The past mont I placed a couple of orders online for some books via fabmall.com and firstandsecond.com. Initially I was quite skeptical and apprehensive about the mess I was getting myself into. Hell I could just walk out to a bookstore and fetch some of these books in person but well I gave it a try. To my suprise the experience is very pleasant as compared to the mess I've had with indiatimes.com and rediff.com (books) in the past. The new kids on the block seem to have a good customer service focus in place. I sent them a couple of mails bugging them to update me about the status of my shipment and I got quick replies (<24hrs) every time. Pretty cool. And not just that these emails were not simply some automated responses but someone out there really checking up my order and being curteous with his/her response. Some people have noticed the importance of repeat customers in the limited online market in India. As for me it sure feels good to be treated like a valued customer again:)

No comments: