Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Air Deccan Sucks

Air Deccan should be renamed Air Dick-an. I just decided that I would like to travel to Mumbai for the weekend and for saving around 500Rs I decided to fly Deccan. Now I got onto the site and selected my flights and when I hit the confirm button (before moving to the payment tab) there is this popup which shows up saying that RF######## is my reference number just in case I don't get the PNR number at the end of this. I should've bailed out just then but naive me went on to make the payment and lo-and-behold the site just went onto a blank page with Done showing up at the statusbar. Now I try the reference number to get my PNR but it says that the number is invalid. Great. Immdieatly checked my bank balance and ofcourse 5573Rs were already dedcuted. I call the customer care number and after giving the jerk wastes 30mins of my time typing my complaint down he says that they have registered a case and it would take 14 working days for me to get my money back. Whats worse is that I don't get the tickets either.

Now this is just ludicrous use of technology. Stupidity at its worse. By giving out a RF number before the payment is made just says that they already know that their system doesn't work and they are not willing to do anything about it other than show a useless popup with an equally useless RF number.

Chuck Air Deccan out of the window from my list of i-wanna-fly-em airlines. Jerks!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: