Tuesday, April 01, 2008

LIC's new avatar

If you know me, I must've given you a pep-talk on LIC. I simply adore this PSU. It does what a PSU is meant to do and does it to perfection. It has been providing returns to the average Joe, aka myself, consistently for half a century now. And to do it with unparalleled honesty and consistency in the public sector arena and that too at such a large scale simply deserves respect.

But the new face of LIC confuses me. The consistent ad campaigns and tv presence is kinda new and maybe something that is required in this day and age of nasty private sector competition (satire attempted). However this is not how the PSU blossomed. Its army of tin soldiers ie. LIC agents are the main propaganda and advertisement vehicle that has helped this company maintain its distinct lead in the insurance sector. Has the strategy changed? I sure hope not. And yeah keep up the good work... none of my policies have matured yet! So work hard too LICians :)

No comments: