Wednesday, February 15, 2006

OpenSolaris acknowledges

Desi Fun(da) ... and more.

I was just going through the community fixes webpage at the opensolaris.org website. This was one fix that I started out with and then waited for a while to do a putback. When I mailed the list for a sponsor I was informed that it was being handled by another internal engineer as part of a larger set of features to be putback soon. So unluckily for me I couldn't do that putback. But hey they have atleast mentioned my name on the list so they are acknowledging that the work was done by someone else too. I love that.

Later I have worked on Eric Schrock's mdb challenge" and managed to win the apple shuffle he handed out as the prize. Cool thing was that I got to meet him too and hey it seems his dad grabbed a Nobel prize in Chemistry. So thats the closet I've been to a nobel laureate or prize:) Well hopefully I will get to do a putback of this dcmd soon and get another row on my name out on the above page.

Thanks guys.

No comments: