Monday, March 07, 2005

Recent Books

Well Ive been trying to catch up on my reading during the weekends and so have had read a couple of books during the past two days as well. The first beign the "Da Vinci Code" which I have to say was probably the most overhyped book of all times. I found the codes to be a little childish. Of course I couldnt crack all of the them but I did manage to get a few and found that a turnoff while reading the book. And the overuse of anagrams was a wee bit irritating as well maybe that stemmed from the fact that I could never solve that section in the Times of India. Anyways the other one that is on course to be finished soon is "Beyond the last blue Mountain" an biography of JRD Tata. Probably the most influential, prosperous, unselfish, successful and nationalist businessman that India has had the honor of having. A wonderful book written by his associate Lalla. It is written in a form and style that I like and puts things into context. My salute to another great Indian hero. We need to have such books for compulsory reading during our school days. Our generation needs to realise that we can be world class in India. JRD Tata lived by that belief. And well todays TOI read that Craig Barrett the current and retiring head of Intel is afraid for his grandchildren because of the high number and quality of engineers and talent available in India and China and "eating America's lunch". Cheers to that.

No comments: