Sunday, April 08, 2007

Indian Cricket needs sportsmen

It may sound cliche coming from me but when India was thrashed out of the world cup 2007 the only thing I could say is "I told ya so". So now that the losers are back in the country there is a whole hue and cry as to what is to be made to get Indian cricket back on track. Here are my suggestions

Cricket, if it has to be called a sport, needs sportsmen and not cricketers who kinda grace the field with their presence and fat bellies (read Shewag and Tendulkar). People who can bend their backs and pick up a ball (read Kumble and all of the current team) and guys who can actually run 100m in less than 20 seconds. Ya i dont think anyone in the Indian team can run 100m even in a minute.

So all the crap being laid out by the crappy BCCI is good news for me. For sure other sports are bound to benefit. I hope they do and I can bet they will flourish even if they get 1% of what goes into cricket.

No comments: