Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Diwali Time

Desi Funda

"The shimmering flicker of a flame poised like a coy woman wrapped with her hands raised touching each other and gently dancing to the tunes of the wind like the waves on the ocean front".

Somehow any mention of diwali and lights takes me back to my 10th grade where we had a teacher by the name of Mrs.Ketki who used to teach use English at a tuition class. She had taken this article by Tom Alter from the Times of India and read it out to us as the perfect way to turn a mundane essay into an eye-catcher. Well I dont think I did a good job then but you can tell me whether the first line here was an eye-catcher or not.

Well anyways its Diwali time of the year. The office is all empty and what on earth am I doing out here in nimma Bangalore? Well letargic me didn't get the tix for Mumbai on time so am stuck here eating soggy dosas and idlis and bearing the brunt of the rickshaw brigade. But well wishing all of you a very happy deepavali. Wonder why people have stopped using that term in favor of diwali, the former sounds so much traditional.

Have fun, God bless and make sure you get some sweets.

No comments: